Complete First Aid Course
Two complete days of remote first aid information, knowledge, and practice. A complete course, that doesn’t dive quite as deep as the more intensive Wilderness First Aid Course.
$325.00 + GST!
- Canadian Red Cross
- 20 hours over 2 days (2.5 days is possible)
- Located just North of Sundre, AB
- Accomodations in Sundre, or free camping at Mahikan Trails
- Meals not provided
- Some cooking tools available
Participants gain the skills and training for planning, preventing injury, and promoting individual safety in a remote setting.
- Strategies for providing extended care in a remote setting for up to 24 hours
Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
3-year Canadian Red Cross certification in Wilderness First Aid & CPR C (digital certificate issued upon successful completion).
- 8-10 hours of teaching time
- Planning and assessment
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Poisons and wildlife
- Extended care and evacuation
- Occupational health and safety